SUNDAY morning s worship was led by Keith Waters, accompanied by the Music Group. The theme was God s enabling. The prayer time was concentrated on thanks-giving for those who had been healed, and for those in other countries who are being persecuted for
SUNDAY morning's worship was led by Keith Waters, accompanied by the Music Group. The theme was God's enabling. The prayer time was concentrated on thanks-giving for those who had been healed, and for those in other countries who are being persecuted for their faith in the Lord.
Pastor Lowman spoke on Haggai under the theme of rebukes and blessings, specifically mentioning holiness and sin.
During Holy Communion, a time of quiet was held, when people could hear what the Lord needs to do within individual hearts to make them aware of His calling.
Mrs Lomas led the worship on Sunday evening, the theme being the holiness of God. Pastor Lowman concluded the passage of Haggai.
The 501 Club met in the hall at 8pm and were taught about identity in Christ.
Pastor Jim Mullin, who spoke at the Fellowship Hour the previous Wednesday afternoon, took the theme of hope and heaven.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
On Wednesday, the prayer meeting in the hall was focussed on Sierra Leone, and prayers for the church and the people within. At 7am, on Saturday, the elders and deacons meet for prayer.
Next Sunday, the morning service will be the Youth Anniversary Service, led by B Mitchell and helpers.