BRIAN Mitchell led a Family Service on Sunday morning. The service was based on loving my neighbour . The young people did a sketch showing love as the alternative to bad words and actions and the way Jesus expects us to behave to others. The story of Th
BRIAN Mitchell led a Family Service on Sunday morning. The service was based on 'loving my neighbour'. The young people did a sketch showing love as the alternative to bad words and actions and the way Jesus expects us to behave to others. The story of The Good Samaritan (Luke 10 v.30-37) was shown on an over-head projector, illustrating neighbourly love and the Sunday School are also studying 'love' from material published by the Scripture Union.
Philip Murfitt led the praise and worship at Sunday Evening's service.
Holy Communion was celebrated when we were reminded of Jesus' sacrifice.
Monday morning the Jabez prayer group held a prayer meeting in the vestry. The group is made up of ladies from the churches in Ely who meet to pray for the concerns and needs of the community.
You may also want to watch:
The Lent housegroups met in the week. Capt Boyd and the Salvation army from Littleport led the Fellowship Hour on Wednesday afternoon. From 8am on Friday until 8am on Sunday morning, individuals and pairs of people will be praying hourly for needs within the community and world-wide issues. Pastor Lowman will lead both services next Sunday.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry