AS it was Palm Sunday last weekend, the children s talk by Andy Watson was on Matthew 21, verses one to nine, which relates to Jesus riding into Jerusalem. Pastor Lowman s talk was also based on the same verses under the heading of Blessed in He Who Com
AS it was Palm Sunday last weekend, the children's talk by Andy Watson was on Matthew 21, verses one to nine, which relates to Jesus riding into Jerusalem.
Pastor Lowman's talk was also based on the same verses under the heading of "Blessed in He Who Comes in the Name of the Lord".
In the afternoon, a Lent housegroup bring-and-share tea was held in the hall. There was a celebration service in the church afterwards. Pastor Lowman led this and various people shared how they were challenged, encouraged and benefited by attending the course.
On Wednesday evening, there was a prayer meeting for family needs and the witness of the church over Easter. Today, which is Maundy Thursday, Holly Communion, led by Keith Waters, will be celebrated at 7.30pm in the church. Tomorrow (Good Friday) there will be a silent walk of witness starting at 10.30am from St Mary's Church, with a short service on the market square and finishing inside the cathedral. This is a joint witness from the churches together in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
On Easter Sunday, Rob Booth will lead the Holy Communion Service at 8.30am. Following this, there will be breakfast in the hall at 10.30am. The family service will be led by the pastor. In the evening, at 6.30pm, the service will be based on the theme "Reflection on the Cross". Any who wish to join with us at any of our services will be very welcomed.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools