Countess Free Church
PASTOR Lowman opened the Sunday morning service with a time of praise and worship. Afterwards the dedication of Andy and Lucy Waters son, Joshua Laurie, took place. Promises from the parents and grandparents, friends and the church fellowship were made t
PASTOR Lowman opened the Sunday morning service with a time of praise and worship. Afterwards the dedication of Andy and Lucy Waters' son, Joshua Laurie, took place. Promises from the parents and grandparents, friends and the church fellowship were made to ensure Joshua would be brought up in the knowledge and love of the Lord.
Prayers were said by one of his grandfathers and scriptures that referred to children were read by members of the church. Prayers were also offered for the people in the church.
The theme of the service was "thankful for God's best" based on Luke 15 v.5-25 and 57-80 referring to the birth of John the Baptist and how he prepared the way for the coming of Jesus. The youth service in the evening was led by the youth band and visiting speakers.
Wednesday's Fellowship Hour was led by Terry Day. In the evening the elders met to pray for the church and to listen to the Lord for guidance.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday from 11am till 1pm, the church will be open for prayer, at 4.30pm a tea will be held in the hall.
Then from 6pm-7pm, praise, worship and thanksgiving will be held in the church.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Sunday morning service on December 3 will be based on 'Jesus the light of the world'. Holy Communion will be celebrated. At 6.30pm, the Advent carol service at Ely Cathedral will be attended by the churches together in Ely.