Countess Free Church
PASTOR Lowman opened the Sunday morning service with a time of praise and worship. Afterwards the dedication of Andy and Lucy Waters son, Joshua Laurie, took place. Promises from the parents and grandparents, friends and the church fellowship were made t
PASTOR Lowman opened the Sunday morning service with a time of praise and worship. Afterwards the dedication of Andy and Lucy Waters' son, Joshua Laurie, took place. Promises from the parents and grandparents, friends and the church fellowship were made to ensure Joshua would be brought up in the knowledge and love of the Lord.
Prayers were said by one of his grandfathers and scriptures that referred to children were read by members of the church. Prayers were also offered for the people in the church.
The theme of the service was "thankful for God's best" based on Luke 15 v.5-25 and 57-80 referring to the birth of John the Baptist and how he prepared the way for the coming of Jesus. The youth service in the evening was led by the youth band and visiting speakers.
Wednesday's Fellowship Hour was led by Terry Day. In the evening the elders met to pray for the church and to listen to the Lord for guidance.
On Saturday from 11am till 1pm, the church will be open for prayer, at 4.30pm a tea will be held in the hall.
Then from 6pm-7pm, praise, worship and thanksgiving will be held in the church.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 7 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 8 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 9 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
Sunday morning service on December 3 will be based on 'Jesus the light of the world'. Holy Communion will be celebrated. At 6.30pm, the Advent carol service at Ely Cathedral will be attended by the churches together in Ely.