Countdown to this year’s Olympic Games begins with ‘Road to Rio’ workshop at King’s Ely Acremont
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from King’s Ely Acremont got in the carnival spirit as they looked ahead to this years Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
Youngsters from the school took part in a ‘Road to Rio’ workshop, with each year group representing their chosen nations – Greece, Spain, USA, Australia and Spain.
The workshop started with an opening ceremony where the pupils paraded their nation’s flag and gave their peers a fact file about their chosen country.
They also spent time learning about their county’s traditions and got involved with some Olympics-based games with the school’s PE staff.
Assistant Head of King’s Ely Acremont and organiser, Sarah Stevens, said: “The children had an amazing time learning about the history of the Olympic Games as well as finding out facts about some of the countries taking part.
“They thoroughly enjoyed learning specially choreographed dance moves from their chosen country and performing them to the whole school at the end of the day.”
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners