Councillors turn down plans for house in village conservation area
- Credit: Archant
A developer has seen outline plans for a house in the heart of Littleport’s conservation area turned down by councillors.
Lloyd Bamber applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to build a two-bedroom house in High Street.
But, at a meeting of the planning committee held last Wednesday, Mr Bamber saw his plans turned down by councillors.
The planning committee was told during the meeting that “amended plans” had been received during the planning process that saw the size of the house reduced from three bedrooms to two, the access widened and the area of the development reduced.
Littleport Parish Council and Cambridgeshire County Highways raised no objections to the plans, but planning officer Richard West was not swayed by the changes and recommended the application for refusal.
You may also want to watch:
He told councillors: The proposed dwelling, by reason of its cramped layout and inconsistent with the form and massing of the surrounding development, will have a detrimental impact on the visual appearance and character of the conservation area. “Additionally, the extent of the impact on the visual appearance of the conservation area cannot be fully assessed due to a lack of plans which is essential given the location within the conservation area.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor