Councillor Fred Brown says its a challenging time to be the new chairman of Cambs fire authority
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown from Littleport has been elected as the new chairman of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fire Authority.
Fred, who is also a county and parish councillor, replaces Councillor Roy Pegram who served five years as chairman.
After taking on his new job, Fred said: “This is a challenging time to become Chairman, but it is also a time in which the Fire Authority has a crucial role to play.
“As I’ve said before, a lot of sacrifice has already taken place by frontline staff, non-operational staff, officers, managers and unions to ensure that the Service can meet the current budget demands and this is of great credit to all parties involved.
“It is vital that we all working together to try and deliver the best possible service to the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and at the same time balance the books.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to working with all these groups, and members of the Fire Authority over the coming year and I hope I can reflect their views and aspirations for the future.
“I would also like to thank my predecessor, Councillor Roy Pegram, for his service and contribution.”
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
Graham Stagg, Chief Fire Officer at Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “I would like to congratulate Fred on his election as Chairman of the Fire Authority. Fred is a well respected member of the Authority and we look forward to working with him over the next 12 months.”