Councillor Fred Brown says its a challenging time to be the new chairman of Cambs fire authority
COUNCILLOR Fred Brown from Littleport has been elected as the new chairman of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fire Authority.
Fred, who is also a county and parish councillor, replaces Councillor Roy Pegram who served five years as chairman.
After taking on his new job, Fred said: “This is a challenging time to become Chairman, but it is also a time in which the Fire Authority has a crucial role to play.
“As I’ve said before, a lot of sacrifice has already taken place by frontline staff, non-operational staff, officers, managers and unions to ensure that the Service can meet the current budget demands and this is of great credit to all parties involved.
“It is vital that we all working together to try and deliver the best possible service to the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and at the same time balance the books.
“I look forward to working with all these groups, and members of the Fire Authority over the coming year and I hope I can reflect their views and aspirations for the future.
“I would also like to thank my predecessor, Councillor Roy Pegram, for his service and contribution.”
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 4 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 8 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 9 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 10 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
Graham Stagg, Chief Fire Officer at Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “I would like to congratulate Fred on his election as Chairman of the Fire Authority. Fred is a well respected member of the Authority and we look forward to working with him over the next 12 months.”