Council unveils first images of proposed ‘district-wide’ leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the proposed £12million district wide leisure centre are to go on show at a series of public exhibitions.
East Cambridgeshire District Council is inviting people to have their say on the designs for the leisure centre, proposed to be built in Downham Road, in the north of the city.
From Tuesday, May 26, to Saturday, May 30, exhibitions will run in three leisure centres across the district, at the Paradise Pool, in Ely, at Ross Peers, in Soham, and at Littleport Leisure Centre.
The architects and project team will also be in Ely library on Saturday, May 30, from 9am to 2pm.
The exhibitions will explain what the new leisure centre will contain, how it might look and the current timetable for the project.
Councillor Richard Hobbs, chairman of the commercial services committee at the district council, said: “East Cambridgeshire is growing – businesses are moving to the district, our population is expanding and the demand for services is increasing.
“This is why we are pushing forward with delivering a new leisure centre to meet the needs of our residents across the district - not just now but for many years into the future.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
The new centre is set to include an eight-land 25m pool, a learner pool, a gymnasium, dance studios, four court sports hall and an artificial grass sports pitch.
You can also give feedback outside the exhibitions by visiting the council’s website at www.eastcambs.gov.uk/sports/leisure-centre-design-public-exhibition.