Council unveils first images of proposed ‘district-wide’ leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the proposed £12million district wide leisure centre are to go on show at a series of public exhibitions.
East Cambridgeshire District Council is inviting people to have their say on the designs for the leisure centre, proposed to be built in Downham Road, in the north of the city.
From Tuesday, May 26, to Saturday, May 30, exhibitions will run in three leisure centres across the district, at the Paradise Pool, in Ely, at Ross Peers, in Soham, and at Littleport Leisure Centre.
The architects and project team will also be in Ely library on Saturday, May 30, from 9am to 2pm.
The exhibitions will explain what the new leisure centre will contain, how it might look and the current timetable for the project.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Richard Hobbs, chairman of the commercial services committee at the district council, said: “East Cambridgeshire is growing – businesses are moving to the district, our population is expanding and the demand for services is increasing.
“This is why we are pushing forward with delivering a new leisure centre to meet the needs of our residents across the district - not just now but for many years into the future.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The new centre is set to include an eight-land 25m pool, a learner pool, a gymnasium, dance studios, four court sports hall and an artificial grass sports pitch.
You can also give feedback outside the exhibitions by visiting the council’s website at www.eastcambs.gov.uk/sports/leisure-centre-design-public-exhibition.