Council sends reminder to foster carers
A REMINDER has been issued to everyone who provides informal foster care to a child to contact the county council and make them aware of the arrangement. The law states that anyone who provides extended care for a child, who is not their own or is not a c
A REMINDER has been issued to everyone who provides informal foster care to a child to contact the county council and make them aware of the arrangement.
The law states that anyone who provides extended care for a child, who is not their own or is not a close relative, is probably a private foster parent.
Private fostering is where an arrangement is made, usually by a parent, for a child aged under 16 (or under 18 where the child has disabilities) to be cared for by someone other than a close relative for more than 28 days.
There is concern about some informal arrangements which may not be appropriate or sufficiently monitored to protect the child.
You may also want to watch:
Now Cambridgeshire County Council child-care managers are reminding private foster carers and parents of children in such arrangements, of their responsibility.
County council head of social care for children, Elaine Petch, said: "We do not want to interfere in what is working well, we want to be in a position to provide support and advice and ensure a private arrangement goes as smoothly as possible."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
INFO: Anyone who is considered entering into private fostering arrangements or already in one , should call: Vic Blickem on (01223) 717598.
A leaflet listing OCYPS offices and giving more information on Private Fostering can be obtained from: customer services section on (01223) 717309 or on the county council website at: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk