Council backing for campsite expansion plans
- Credit: Archant
A Wicken landowner’s plan to expand a campsite on the edge of the village has been granted by council planners.
Peter Rash applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council last year to extend the Meadow View Caravan Site, in Lower Road, to allow it to house another 10 caravans or motor homes and 10 tents.
The extension will also include a static caravan and a cycle shelter.
In his submission to planners, Mr Rash, who has run the campsite for 20 years, said: “The proposed development is proportionate to the site and supported by a comprehensive business statement.
“It will neither adversely affect the existing landscape features nor the neighbouring property. Adequate waste disposal facilities which encourage recycling are already in place and there is a toilet and shower block which includes a specific toilet and shower room designed to accommodate the elderly or with impaired mobility.”
You may also want to watch:
The plans won the support of Wicken Parish Council and district council planning officer Rebecca Saunt also backed the plans.
She imposed a planning condition, however, that restricts the caravans to holiday use and prevents them from becoming permanent residences.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station