Could you spare a few hours to volunteer at Addenbrooke’s?
- Credit: Archant
Older people’s charity, Royal Voluntary Service, urgently needs volunteers to help at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Volunteers are required to help in the busy outpatients and Rosie Maternity Hospital Cafés, to help with trolley rounds in wards, as well as working on the tea and coffee point in oncology.
Chris Ballingall, service manager for Royal Voluntary Service, said: “If you’re someone who likes to keep busy and enjoys helping others, you’re just what we’re looking for. Volunteering can be anything from a few hours a day up to a few days every week – we value all support we receive.”
Michael Fincham, Royal Voluntary Service volunteer, said: “I love working at Addenbrooke’s as I not only help patients and their relatives, but also help contribute to generating income which we donate to the hospital to enable new facilities to be purchased.”
Royal Voluntary Service supports over 100,000 older people each month to stay independent in their own homes for longer with tailor-made solutions.
Through its army of volunteers, the charity runs services such as good neighbours (companionship), meals-on-wheels and books-on-wheels that alleviate loneliness and help older people. Royal Voluntary Service also provides practical support for older people who have been in hospital through its On Ward Befriending and Home from Hospital services and via its network of retail shops and cafés.
If you’re interested and would like more information, please contact Chris on 01223 244749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’