Could you be the next ‘Souper Star’? New Covent Garden Soup Co. searching for community hero
- Credit: Archant
New Covent Garden Soup Co. is on the hunt for this year’s local ‘Souper Star’.
The initiative, launched last year, aims to find a community hero who goes above and beyond to help others or has achieved something remarkable.
Twelve regional finalists will be selected, and one overall winner will win a prize for themselves and a charity of their choice.
Last year’s overall winner, Emma Pears, set up a charity called SELFA to ensure services for disadvantaged, vulnerable and disabled children would not suffer when local statutory provision was due to be cut.
She said: “It feels like each of us in the room are the people who do the “small things” every day of our lives.
You may also want to watch:
“Souper Stars is about celebrating the people who work tirelessly every day to make a difference.
“I feel humbled to have been amongst such great people.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
A ‘Souper Star’ spokesman added: “Whether it’s a hero who has successfully raised funds for a local or national cause, provided care and support for those in the community or simply pushed themselves to the limit to achieve something special – New Covent Garden Soup wants to hear all about them.”
To nominate, complete the online entry form on the New Covent Garden Soup Co. website; www.newcoventgardensoup.com before 2pm on October 27.