Could you be the next ‘Souper Star’? New Covent Garden Soup Co. searching for community hero
- Credit: Archant
New Covent Garden Soup Co. is on the hunt for this year’s local ‘Souper Star’.
The initiative, launched last year, aims to find a community hero who goes above and beyond to help others or has achieved something remarkable.
Twelve regional finalists will be selected, and one overall winner will win a prize for themselves and a charity of their choice.
Last year’s overall winner, Emma Pears, set up a charity called SELFA to ensure services for disadvantaged, vulnerable and disabled children would not suffer when local statutory provision was due to be cut.
She said: “It feels like each of us in the room are the people who do the “small things” every day of our lives.
“Souper Stars is about celebrating the people who work tirelessly every day to make a difference.
“I feel humbled to have been amongst such great people.”
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
A ‘Souper Star’ spokesman added: “Whether it’s a hero who has successfully raised funds for a local or national cause, provided care and support for those in the community or simply pushed themselves to the limit to achieve something special – New Covent Garden Soup wants to hear all about them.”
To nominate, complete the online entry form on the New Covent Garden Soup Co. website; www.newcoventgardensoup.com before 2pm on October 27.