Cottenham woman’s lucky postcode leads to £30,000 win
- Credit: Archant
A Cottenham woman is celebrating having won £30,000 thanks to her lucky postcode.
Sandra Unsworth, 65, won the People’s Postcode Lottery’s Street Prize on Saturday (14).
The accounts manager said she is still in shock over the win.
“Winning such a large amount of money is the sort of thing you never think will actually happen to you,” she said.
“What an amazing way to start the year – I think 2017 is going to be a good one.
You may also want to watch:
“My car broke down this weekend – it must have known. So a new car is definitely in order. The best thing is that now I don’t need to worry about costs like this cropping up.”
Sandra is going to celebrate her win with a trip to Tenerife with her husband.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
The Postcode Lottery format was introduced by Dutch company Novamedia BV, which launched its first postcode lottery in The Netherlands in 1989.
More than £168.4 million has been raised by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery for over 2,800 charities across Great Britain and internationally.