New principal 'thrilled' to be going back to college
- Credit: COTTENHAM VILLAGE COLLEGE
The former assistant head of Cottenham Village College is returning this summer in the role of principal.
Zoe Andrews, who will start the role in September, is a familiar face, having also previously been a science teacher there.
She is joining from King James Academy, Royston, where she is deputy headteacher responsible for the secondary school.
Zoe said: “I am thrilled to be returning to Cottenham Village College – a school and community I love.
"I am excited to be working with the staff, parents and students to build on Mrs Cassady’s success, and looking forward to creating a culture in which every child can flourish.”
You may also want to watch:
Hywel Jones, director of secondary education at Astrea Academy Trust, which appointed Zoe, said: “Zoe is a highly respected and experienced local leader, who is dedicated to helping her students, and staff, achieve their very best.
"Her commitment, passion and inspiring vision for Cottenham Village College stood out amongst a very strong field and I am delighted we have attracted her back."
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 4 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 7 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son