Continental Market - offering best of European food, drink and crafts - returns to Ely on Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Ely are in for a treat this August Bank Holiday weekend (August 29-31) - a Continental Market will be dishing up culinary delights.
The market, operated by Savoir Fayre, will be on the High Street on the Saturday then the Market Place on the Sunday and Monday.
Traders will include French and Italian delis, charcuterie, viennoiserie, patisserie, crepes, galettes, paella and cured meats
In addition, there will be traders selling glass, china and pottery, leather gifts, crafts and bags.
Tracey Harding, team leader for Town Centre Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “It is always great to welcome back the Continental Market and especially on what we hope will be a lovely summer weekend.
“Savoir Fayre always bring a great range of produce and traders inspired by Europe to Ely and I am sure this will be the case later this month.
“So whatever you are looking for or were planning on doing at the Bank Holiday weekend come along to Ely’s Markets and see what we have for you.”
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 9 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
There will be no car boot sale on the Bank Holiday weekend – it will return the following weekend to carry on through September.