Continental Market - offering best of European food, drink and crafts - returns to Ely on Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Ely are in for a treat this August Bank Holiday weekend (August 29-31) - a Continental Market will be dishing up culinary delights.
The market, operated by Savoir Fayre, will be on the High Street on the Saturday then the Market Place on the Sunday and Monday.
Traders will include French and Italian delis, charcuterie, viennoiserie, patisserie, crepes, galettes, paella and cured meats
In addition, there will be traders selling glass, china and pottery, leather gifts, crafts and bags.
Tracey Harding, team leader for Town Centre Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “It is always great to welcome back the Continental Market and especially on what we hope will be a lovely summer weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“Savoir Fayre always bring a great range of produce and traders inspired by Europe to Ely and I am sure this will be the case later this month.
“So whatever you are looking for or were planning on doing at the Bank Holiday weekend come along to Ely’s Markets and see what we have for you.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
There will be no car boot sale on the Bank Holiday weekend – it will return the following weekend to carry on through September.