Conditional Discharge For Man Who Recived Stolen Jeans That Were Not His Size
THIEVES who stole a pair of jeans from an Ely store made their escape and handed the stolen trousers over to Jamie Webb. But the jeans were not Webb s size or style – so he hid them in a shed at his mother s home, city magistrates heard this week. Webb, 2
THIEVES who stole a pair of jeans from an Ely store made their escape and handed the stolen trousers over to Jamie Webb.
But the jeans were not Webb's size or style - so he hid them in a shed at his mother's home, city magistrates heard this week.
Webb, 24, of West End Close, Witchford, admitted receiving the stolen �9.99 jeans on September 25, and was given a 12 month conditional discharge.
Webb and others had been into the Bay Tree store in High Street Passage earlier that day, but the thief later returned and stole the jeans.
You may also want to watch:
"When the person responsible came out of the shop the tags were still on, the alarm activated, and he ran away," said Laura Mardell, prosecuting.
"He met up with Jamie Webb and the rest of the group near the Cathedral, Webb was given the jeans with the security tags still on. They were not his style or size; he took them to his mother's property and put them in a shed there. He later took them to the police station."
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
Mitigating, solicitor Jacqui Baldwin said Webb had co-operated with the police, and the stolen jeans were recovered.