Computer whizz Azeem scoops West Suffolk College award for software project
A SOHAM teenager with a talent for computer games design has won a prize for the best software development project at West Suffolk College.
The mi Medal was presented to Azeem Bux by Robert Masson managing director at mi Marketing Interactive UK, at the college’s annual prizegiving ceremony in St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
The judges said that 18-year-old Azeem demonstrated a maturity and level of understanding that has set him above his peers.
The Ultimate Racing game he created during the games design module was very well received by the entire audience during the demonstration evening. This successful design was the result of his drive, motivation and ability.
Tutor Peter Harbron said: “Azeem has demonstrated a maturity and a level of understanding that has set him above his peers. He has worked consistently well throughout the Extended National Diploma in IT, excelling in all modules and achieving distinction star grades.”
You may also want to watch:
“His enjoyment of the course and his overall satisfaction with the college, have led him to decide to stay here for his degree.”
In September, Azeem will be starting the foundation degree in computing and networking at UCS Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550