Computer whizz Azeem scoops West Suffolk College award for software project
A SOHAM teenager with a talent for computer games design has won a prize for the best software development project at West Suffolk College.
The mi Medal was presented to Azeem Bux by Robert Masson managing director at mi Marketing Interactive UK, at the college’s annual prizegiving ceremony in St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
The judges said that 18-year-old Azeem demonstrated a maturity and level of understanding that has set him above his peers.
The Ultimate Racing game he created during the games design module was very well received by the entire audience during the demonstration evening. This successful design was the result of his drive, motivation and ability.
Tutor Peter Harbron said: “Azeem has demonstrated a maturity and a level of understanding that has set him above his peers. He has worked consistently well throughout the Extended National Diploma in IT, excelling in all modules and achieving distinction star grades.”
You may also want to watch:
“His enjoyment of the course and his overall satisfaction with the college, have led him to decide to stay here for his degree.”
In September, Azeem will be starting the foundation degree in computing and networking at UCS Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos