Computer whizz Azeem scoops West Suffolk College award for software project
A SOHAM teenager with a talent for computer games design has won a prize for the best software development project at West Suffolk College.
The mi Medal was presented to Azeem Bux by Robert Masson managing director at mi Marketing Interactive UK, at the college’s annual prizegiving ceremony in St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
The judges said that 18-year-old Azeem demonstrated a maturity and level of understanding that has set him above his peers.
The Ultimate Racing game he created during the games design module was very well received by the entire audience during the demonstration evening. This successful design was the result of his drive, motivation and ability.
Tutor Peter Harbron said: “Azeem has demonstrated a maturity and a level of understanding that has set him above his peers. He has worked consistently well throughout the Extended National Diploma in IT, excelling in all modules and achieving distinction star grades.”
You may also want to watch:
“His enjoyment of the course and his overall satisfaction with the college, have led him to decide to stay here for his degree.”
In September, Azeem will be starting the foundation degree in computing and networking at UCS Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’