Complete policing survey for ‘ride along’ experience with local officer
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire police have come up with a new incentive to get people to share their views with them – offering a ‘ride-along’ experience to those who complete it.
“We regularly conduct surveys to measure the issues that matter most to the community,” said a police spokesman.
“Please participate and help us to direct our resources to the issues that matter most to you, your friends and your family.
“Sharing this survey will help us to get an even broader coverage, and a fairer reflection of public opinion.
“Complete the form (it takes ten minutes) and if you would like to take the opportunity to ride-along with a local constable, leave your contact details on the form.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Phil Priestley, from Ely police station, said: “You don’t have to participate in the survey to apply for a ride-along experience - but your participation will definitely help us to do our job better.
“You have to be 16 years of age to come out with us - but if you’re not yet 18, we will need a record of parental consent due to the risks that are involved.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“Naturally, anyone who would like to go out has to agree to a background check - but once that is out of the way we look forward to meeting you.
“It’s an exciting experience that most people really enjoy, and it can be done at any time to suit the individual applicant.”
The survey and the ride-along (also referred to as ‘Operation Insight’) are “part of a drive towards policing in East Cambridgeshire that is closer to the community and gives more transparency to the public”.
To take the survey visit www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CC3QM8D