Competition winner won’t waste her £50
THE winner of the Ely Standard s compost awareness week competition, Angela Clark, was rewarded with £50-worth of vouchers at the third annual Donarbon Recycling and Waste Awareness Open Day. More than 700 people attended the event at the Donarbon site i
THE winner of the Ely Standard's compost awareness week competition, Angela Clark, was rewarded with £50-worth of vouchers at the third annual Donarbon Recycling and Waste Awareness Open Day.
More than 700 people attended the event at the Donarbon site in Waterbeach, and enjoyed site tours, a bouncy castle, face-painting and refreshments.
Andrew Goode, sales manager for Donarbon Waste Management, said: "The event was to raise awareness amongst the public as to what we do with their waste," he said.
£103.73 was also collected for Liam Fairhurst and the CLIC Sargent children's cancer charity at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured left to right are: Andrew Goode, company director Jim Edmeades and competition winner Angela Clark, from Soham.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash