Commuter car park opens
ELY S new commuter car park at Angel Drove opens for business on Monday. The car park on the Cambridge Business Park will provide more than 200 spaces. It is designed to free up spaces in the city centre car parks for shoppers, visitors and workers. The c
ELY'S new commuter car park at Angel Drove opens for business on Monday.
The car park on the Cambridge Business Park will provide more than 200 spaces. It is designed to free up spaces in the city centre car parks for shoppers, visitors and workers.
The car park, protected by CCTV cameras and street lighting, will be the only one in Ely where they will be a charge of £2.50 per day or £11 per week.
A new park and ride service will operate from the car park from December 22 and buses will leave every 15 minutes from 9.30am from the Tesco bus stop taking passengers to the city centre shops and visitor attractions.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor John Seaman, chairman of East Cambridgeshire District Council's environment and transport committee, said: "The new car park should make a big difference to Ely.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze