‘Extreme and indecent images’ found on Cambridgeshire man’s phone and USB sticks
- Credit: Archant
A man found in possession of extreme and indecent images has been given a community order.
Sean Brennan, 34, of Cootes Lane, Fen Drayton, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (May 14).
Police discovered 57 extreme images and videos, seven prohibited ones and four category C images when they seized his mobile phone and some USB sticks and arrested him in April 2017.
He pleaded guilty to possession of an extreme pornographic image, possession of a prohibited image of a child and making indecent images of children.
Brennan was given a 12 month community order and must undertake 42 days unpaid work.
You may also want to watch:
He was also issued with a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for five years preventing him having any contact with children under the age of 18.
Brennan will also be on the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
Detective Sergeant James Weston said: “Tackling online viewing of child sexual abuse images is a priority for police across the country and there are consequences for those who view such images.”
For information on spotting the signs of child abuse, visit https://www.cambs.police.uk/information-and-services/Child-protection/child-abuse