‘Extreme and indecent images’ found on Cambridgeshire man’s phone and USB sticks
- Credit: Archant
A man found in possession of extreme and indecent images has been given a community order.
Sean Brennan, 34, of Cootes Lane, Fen Drayton, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (May 14).
Police discovered 57 extreme images and videos, seven prohibited ones and four category C images when they seized his mobile phone and some USB sticks and arrested him in April 2017.
He pleaded guilty to possession of an extreme pornographic image, possession of a prohibited image of a child and making indecent images of children.
Brennan was given a 12 month community order and must undertake 42 days unpaid work.
He was also issued with a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for five years preventing him having any contact with children under the age of 18.
Brennan will also be on the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
Detective Sergeant James Weston said: “Tackling online viewing of child sexual abuse images is a priority for police across the country and there are consequences for those who view such images.”
For information on spotting the signs of child abuse, visit https://www.cambs.police.uk/information-and-services/Child-protection/child-abuse