Community cafe in Sutton raises nearly £2000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A community cafe in Sutton presented nearly £2000 to two worthy causes to help them to continue to support people in the local area.
Every six months the volunteers at Nellie's Community Cafe choose two charities to support.
Since November the cafe has been supporting Elysian Riding for The Disabled and Sutton Butterfly Pre-School.
Members of Eysian RDA received a cheque for £1,220 and £747 was presented to Sutton Butterfly Pre-school.
Ros James, of Elysian RDA, said: "We are overwhelmed at the amazing generosity of Nellie's Volunteers and customers.
You may also want to watch:
"The children and adults who ride and drive with us will continue to benefit from the therapeutic sessions we are able to offer."
Butterfly Pre-school are currently fundraising for sensory items to aid the development of children with additional needs.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 6 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 7 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 10 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
The next two charities to receive Nellie's support are Arthur Rank Hospice and Sutton Squiggles Under 5's Stay and Play Group.
Nellie's Community Cafe is held on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court, Pound Lane, Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
The presentation took place on Wednesday May 8.
For more information about the cafe or to be a volunteer call (01353) 777224.