Community cafe in Sutton raises nearly £2000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A community cafe in Sutton presented nearly £2000 to two worthy causes to help them to continue to support people in the local area.
Every six months the volunteers at Nellie's Community Cafe choose two charities to support.
Since November the cafe has been supporting Elysian Riding for The Disabled and Sutton Butterfly Pre-School.
Members of Eysian RDA received a cheque for £1,220 and £747 was presented to Sutton Butterfly Pre-school.
Ros James, of Elysian RDA, said: "We are overwhelmed at the amazing generosity of Nellie's Volunteers and customers.
You may also want to watch:
"The children and adults who ride and drive with us will continue to benefit from the therapeutic sessions we are able to offer."
Butterfly Pre-school are currently fundraising for sensory items to aid the development of children with additional needs.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The next two charities to receive Nellie's support are Arthur Rank Hospice and Sutton Squiggles Under 5's Stay and Play Group.
Nellie's Community Cafe is held on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court, Pound Lane, Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
The presentation took place on Wednesday May 8.
For more information about the cafe or to be a volunteer call (01353) 777224.