Community cafe in Sutton raises nearly £2000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A community cafe in Sutton presented nearly £2000 to two worthy causes to help them to continue to support people in the local area.
Every six months the volunteers at Nellie's Community Cafe choose two charities to support.
Since November the cafe has been supporting Elysian Riding for The Disabled and Sutton Butterfly Pre-School.
Members of Eysian RDA received a cheque for £1,220 and £747 was presented to Sutton Butterfly Pre-school.
Ros James, of Elysian RDA, said: "We are overwhelmed at the amazing generosity of Nellie's Volunteers and customers.
"The children and adults who ride and drive with us will continue to benefit from the therapeutic sessions we are able to offer."
Butterfly Pre-school are currently fundraising for sensory items to aid the development of children with additional needs.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 5 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 10 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
The next two charities to receive Nellie's support are Arthur Rank Hospice and Sutton Squiggles Under 5's Stay and Play Group.
Nellie's Community Cafe is held on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court, Pound Lane, Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
The presentation took place on Wednesday May 8.
For more information about the cafe or to be a volunteer call (01353) 777224.