Committee casts eye over East Cambridgeshire housing developments and Wilburton Play Park
- Credit: Archant
Members of East Cambridgeshire District Council’s housing committee cast their eyes over several Ely developments.
As well as visiting the recently completed Sanctuary Housing developments in Sheriffs Court, Burrough Green and Sheriffs Gardens in Lynn Road, the tour stopped at a construction site in Northumbria Close, where homes are planned to be completed in the autumn.
Members also saw one of the Sanctuary community investment funded projects in the area, Wilburton Play Park.
The committee is made up of councillors from East Cambridgeshire District Council, independent members and residents from the district.
Tracey Spencer, Sanctuary Housing operations manager for the East, said: “It was fantastic to show committee members the range and quality of new affordable homes for rent and shared ownership that Sanctuary is building in East Cambridgeshire.
“The opportunity for members to meet and talk to residents who recently moved into their new homes showed the difference high quality affordable housing is making to the lives of people in the district.”
Councillor Chris Morris, of East Cambridgeshire District Council and chair of the committee who joined the tour, said: “On behalf of the council I would like to congratulate Sanctuary for its continued investment in the district.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
“We work in close partnership to deliver new affordable homes from land acquisition, design and planning, all the way through to construction.
“So today it was great to see the end product and meet residents who were clearly delighted with their new homes.”