Committee casts eye over East Cambridgeshire housing developments and Wilburton Play Park
- Credit: Archant
Members of East Cambridgeshire District Council’s housing committee cast their eyes over several Ely developments.
As well as visiting the recently completed Sanctuary Housing developments in Sheriffs Court, Burrough Green and Sheriffs Gardens in Lynn Road, the tour stopped at a construction site in Northumbria Close, where homes are planned to be completed in the autumn.
Members also saw one of the Sanctuary community investment funded projects in the area, Wilburton Play Park.
The committee is made up of councillors from East Cambridgeshire District Council, independent members and residents from the district.
Tracey Spencer, Sanctuary Housing operations manager for the East, said: “It was fantastic to show committee members the range and quality of new affordable homes for rent and shared ownership that Sanctuary is building in East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
“The opportunity for members to meet and talk to residents who recently moved into their new homes showed the difference high quality affordable housing is making to the lives of people in the district.”
Councillor Chris Morris, of East Cambridgeshire District Council and chair of the committee who joined the tour, said: “On behalf of the council I would like to congratulate Sanctuary for its continued investment in the district.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
“We work in close partnership to deliver new affordable homes from land acquisition, design and planning, all the way through to construction.
“So today it was great to see the end product and meet residents who were clearly delighted with their new homes.”