Committee announces 2014 Little Thetford Feast has been postponed
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the much-loved Little Thetford Feast have decided to cancel this year’s event.
Last year’s event saw hundreds of people turn out to enjoy a variety of displays, stalls and traditional fun and games but the organising committee said it was not in a position to put on an event again this year.
The committee added that a small profit was made at last year’s event and that it would be distributed among local projects.
In the village newsletter, a committee spokesman said: “The 2014 feast committee have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s celebrations. The committee hope it will be in a position to resume the feast again in 2015.
“The profits generated from the 2013 feast are currently being held. The existing committee will be meeting to discuss its distribution to new projects for the benefit of the village’s children.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that Little Thetford Sports & Social Club was hoping to arrange a smaller scale family day during the course of the summer.
It is the latest in a series of events which have been cancelled in recent years, with the Littleport Show, Haddenham’s Blossoms and Bygones and Pymoor Show all facing postponed or being disbanded.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall