Coming to a street near you.. Rotary Clubs combine to escort Father Christmas around Ely
- Credit: Archant
Santa Claus is coming to town – thanks to Ely’s two Rotary Clubs.
The clubs have teamed up to escort Old Saint Nick around the city on his newly-illuminated sleigh this festive season.
He began his trip around Ely on Monday (December 5) where he was greeted by 150 people, and is currently (December 8) taking in the sights of Briars Grove, Pasture Grove and Hereward Street.
Santa and his band of Christmas helpers will finish their journey around the city on Monday December 19, and the Rotary Clubs are hopeful of raising thousands of pounds for charity in the process.
Frank Connelly, of Ely-Hereward Rotary Club, said: “For many people this annual visit marks the start of Christmas proper, with many parents telling their children about when they used to await his visit to their street.”
You may also want to watch:
For an update on Santa’s whereabouts, visit www.elysantatracker.co.uk and view the live map.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion