No experience required! Cambridgeshire village to form ‘community choir’ for big concert in November
- Credit: Google Maps
A Cambridgeshire village is trying to form a ‘community choir’ ahead of big church concert in November.
Residents in Wilburton and the surrounding areas are invited to join the choir to perform at the parish church on Saturday, November 16.
Wilburton C Of E Primary School head David Aston has already signed pupils up and is teaching the children some of the items already.
Rebecca Duckworth, organiser, said: "I love the Faure and thought it was be great to do it in the village.
"We are looking for a child soloist to emerge to sing the iconic 'Pie Jesu'. Exciting venture."
You may also want to watch:
There will be seven rehearsals ahead of the big night and vocal coach organiser Rebecca will offer training and input.
She added: "We are all excited about it. Looking for sponsorship too, large or small, to cover costs - music hire etc . Any profit will go to charity (with a donation to the church building)."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
Rehearsals take place every Monday 7.30pm until 9pm from September 23. Or you can join on the day from 4pm to 6pm for a 7pm performance.