COLUMN: Sadie Finch answers this week’s Getting to know you questions.
- Credit: Archant
Who are you? Sadie Finch - a wife and a mum to two chaotic toddlers who like to keep me on my toes.
What do you do?
I’m a Virtual Assistant which makes me sound like a robot but actually means I provide flexible admin support to small business owners on a freelance basis – making it more affordable for business owners. Why would people know you?
I’ve recently helped out with the Ely Hero Awards, I run #ElyHour on Twitter every Wednesday 8pm-9pm, I’ve set up Ely Coworkers which is a meet-up group for other freelancers and I’ve lived locally most of my life!
Give us at least five pet hates.
You may also want to watch:
I’m really struggling to think of five! Being late, spelling mistakes, bad manners, ironing and pickle (it’s the smell).
Is it time for Britain to abolish the Royal Family?
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
No – I think they’re great for tourism and I have a bit of soft spot for them. They just make Britain feel special.
What is your favourite thing about East Cambridgeshire?
I love the open spaces and we’re always at the Ely farmers market - there’s so much to do locally for children too, we never have to go much further afield for days out.
If you won £5,000 what would you spend it on?
If I was being spontaneous an amazing holiday for some quality family time, but the practical side of me would love a shiny new home office too!
Which three people would you like to have dinner with?
Maybe not at the same time but Robbie Williams, Prince Harry and I’d love to be able to have one last dinner with my Grandad.
Your claim to fame.
I was on the radio as a child as part of the school choir – that’s the best I can do!
Biggest regret in life or biggest achievement?
Biggest regret – letting shyness hold me back so much growing up, I could’ve pushed a lot harder and achieved a lot more. Biggest achievement – without a doubt, my boys, they make me smile every day.
What character would dress as for a fancy dress party?
I think this is why I’ve never been to a fancy dress party – I have no idea!