COLUMN: Getting to know you with Juliet Browse
- Credit: Archant
This week, Juliet Browse, director of Spoilt Rotten Beads in Haddenham, answers our quickfire questions...
Who are you?
What do you do?
Owner of Spoilt Rotten Beads in Haddenham
You may also want to watch:
Why would people know you?
People would know me because I run a successful local business, I have a YouTube Channel and teach jewellery making.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
On a scale of 1-10 (10 highest) what do you rate your sense of humour?
Give us at least five pet hates.
Chocolate that’s been in the fridge (I think it tastes better at room temperature), people who use their mobiles whilst driving & whinging – that is all!
Is it time for Britain to abolish the Royal Family?
Brexit – in or out?
Almost 100 per cent of our products at Spoilt Rotten Beads are imported and paid for in dollars and euros, so we’ve seen a big increase in our wholesale prices since the Brexit vote so I’d say definitely in.
Fruit: tinned or fresh?
What is your favourite thing about East Cambridgeshire?
Which TV programme has you reaching for the off button?
If you won £5,000 what would you spend it on?
A holiday & a re-spray for my vintage VW Beetle car
Favourite sports team (any sport)?
Ely Tigers Rugby Team
Place you would never want to return to and why?
Disneyland - too fake and manufactured.
Which three people would you like to have dinner with?
My family! We all lead such busy lives that the simple pleasure of four of us sitting down for a lovely meal together can be quite evasive and it’s always a real treat when the whole family is home in time for supper!
Who would you cross the road to avoid?
Who was your childhood hero and why?
My mum, because she is a strong and independent woman who bought me up to be strong and independent too.
Your claim to fame?
I appeared on Create and Craft TV and on the Craft Channel, I also have a YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/SpoiltRottenBeadsTV
Biggest regret in life or biggest achievement?
Biggest achievement has got to be starting a business whilst my two children were both under the age of three.
What character would dress as for a fancy dress party?