Collision Causes Traffic Chaos On A142
A COLLISION on the A142 this morning (Tuesday) caused traffic chaos as police were forced to close the busy road for more than three hours. The incident took place at around 6am near the Downfields Roundabout in Soham when a lorry and two vehicles collide
A COLLISION on the A142 this morning (Tuesday) caused traffic chaos as police were forced to close the busy road for more than three hours.
The incident took place at around 6am near the Downfields Roundabout in Soham when a lorry and two vehicles collided, blocking the carriageway.
An ambulance was called to transport one of the drivers to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge while recovery crews helped remove the lorry from a neighbouring field.
Police and Highways officials opted to close the road with traffic diverted through the centre of Soham, causing lengthy tailbacks.
You may also want to watch:
One of the vehicles involved, a white van, left the scene of the accident and police are now appealing for the driver to come forward.
The road was re-opened at around 9.40am.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical