Colleagues pay tribute to teacher who died in crash
Tributes to teacher killed on Friday
TRIBUTES have been paid to a school teacher from Black Horse Drove who died after being hit by a car near Littleport last week.
Katherine Michelle Colson, 28, a science teacher at King Edward VI school in Bury St Edmunds, was out jogging at 10 Mile Bank on Friday when she was hit by a silver Fiat Punto.
In a message left on the school’s website head teacher, Geoff Barton, said: It is with the deepest sense of shock and sadness that we announce the death of Katie Colson, our brilliant Division Leader for 10X and teacher of science. She was killed in a car accident early on Friday morning whilst out jogging near her home in Cambridgeshire.
“Miss Colson was one of our most skilful teachers and was admired by all who knew her. Her talent, professionalism and endless optimism were an inspiration to us all. Her loss is devastating.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be holding a series of assemblies on Monday morning to talk to students about this dreadful news. A service of remembrance will be held later in the week. The thoughts of the whole school community are with her family at this time.”
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old woman from Welney, was seriously injured in the crash and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. Her injuries were not life threatening and she remains in a stable condition in hospital.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl