Coffee shop plan for former village butcher’s shop
- Credit: Archant
A former butcher’s shop in Littleport could be set for a new life as a sandwich bar and coffee shop, under plans submitted this week.
Emma Hunter has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council to convert the former WH Cox butchers, in Main Street, into a sandwich bar.
WH Cox closed back in May after long-serving butcher Andrew Binks retired. The shop has operated as a butchers for almost 100 years, with Mr Binks having run the premises since the 1970s.
In her submission to council planners, Mrs Hunter said: “The proposal for a change of use will not detract from the external appearance of the existing streetscape and will offer a social place for refreshment and relaxation to residents of the town and for members of the public visiting the historic market town of Littleport.
“It is also hoped that it will bring more local residents back to Main Street and community central point, helping other local businesses gain a growth in footfall of passing trade.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor