Ely coffee shop Silver Oak official launch of new rooftop rig
- Credit: Archant
Coffee lovers united as Ely’s new rooftop ‘Coffee Rig’ was opened with a guest appearance from Michael Recycle.
Silver Oak Coffee has been selling coffee based drinks on Ely Market Square for more than four years.
The Coffee Rig, which is a six metre long trailer, has a staircase, modelled on a routemaster bus that takes you onto the roof with seating overlooking the city.
Customers gathered for a freshly brewed drink as the blue ribbon was cut and the area officially opened yesterday.
Silver Oak Coffee grind their beans at a factory near Little Downham and employ a local team.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Silver Oak Coffee said: “The roof is equipped with the best seats in town and you can sit and look over the market and the cathedral, while sipping a gorgeous flat white.
“If the weather is inclement, then linked to the trailer are two weatherproof, weighted gazebos, with side panels or half panels. “You can sit inside, with your dog (or children!) and enjoy the ‘indooroutdoor’ experience.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody