Coffee company thrilled to help after England Women offer
- Credit: Silver Oak Coffee/Natalie Mincher/SPP/Sports Press/PA Images
A coffee company approached to help out the England Women’s football team hopes it can offer a helping hand in their bid for cup triumph.
Silver Oak Coffee of Ely were asked by the team if they can provide a hot drink to players and staff ahead of their upcoming game with Spain next week.
“Their general manager emailed me to say they’d like to have our coffee before the match,” Susanne Stent, of Silver Oak Coffee, said.
“I think it’s great to meet the players and if we can make any contribution and if they win, I will be very excited.”
Susanne and lead barista Tom Ramsey will take the company’s ‘battle bus’ to Barnham Broom hotel in Norwich ahead of the Lionesses’ Arnold Clark Cup tie with ‘La Roja’ on February 20.
This is the first time Silver Oak Coffee has supported a national sports team, and currently sponsors the Witchford Colts youth football club.
“For the first time, this year we sponsored a football team so it seems like a theme here,” Susanne added.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
“I hope this opportunity will make people think Silver Oak are community-focused and not about the bottom line.
“If we can do something to improve our country’s sporting women, that will be brilliant.”