Coffee and cake raise money for Ely Youth Choir
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely youth choir raised more than £200 for choir funds by running a coffee morning at the cathedral centre.
The funds will help run the choir and support their performance programme.
The group regularly give concerts both on their own and as part of the main choir and will be taking part in their own Festival of Music in April next
Before that they are rehearsing to sing Handel’s Messiah in the Royal Albert Hall later this month along with 1,000 other youth singers.
If you are keen on singing and are between 11 and 19 years of age and want to join a choir singing a wide repertoire, without audition or fees, come
along on rehearsal night at St Mary’s Hall on Mondays, from 6 to 7pm.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 3 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 4 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 5 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 6 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Contact Sylvia Bulley on 01353 774733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.