Coffee and cake raise money for Ely Youth Choir
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely youth choir raised more than £200 for choir funds by running a coffee morning at the cathedral centre.
The funds will help run the choir and support their performance programme.
The group regularly give concerts both on their own and as part of the main choir and will be taking part in their own Festival of Music in April next
Before that they are rehearsing to sing Handel’s Messiah in the Royal Albert Hall later this month along with 1,000 other youth singers.
You may also want to watch:
If you are keen on singing and are between 11 and 19 years of age and want to join a choir singing a wide repertoire, without audition or fees, come
along on rehearsal night at St Mary’s Hall on Mondays, from 6 to 7pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
Contact Sylvia Bulley on 01353 774733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.