Co-op launches fund-raising campaign for two Littleport causes - and to celebrate you can save on your next shop
- Credit: Archant
TWO worthy local causes are about to share in a £450 windfall – with your help.
The Ely Standard is helping to launch a six-week fundraising campaign in aid of Busy Bees pre-school at Littleport and the Littleport Players – and you can help to decide who gets the lion’s share of the money.
The campaign is being led by the Central England Co-operative foodstore at Wisbech Road, Littleport.
Every time you shop at the store until Sunday, June 29, you will be given a special green token. Place it in the collecting container for the cause you wish to support – and the one receiving the most tokens at the end of the campaign will pick up a cool £300. The other will be £150 richer.
Chris Wright, manager of the Littleport store, said: “The pre-school and the Players are important elements of our community.
“Busy Bees have recently moved to a new base and need help with play equipment and the Players would use their donation to help stage The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and run workshops for all ages - that’s why we want to get behind them both with our Token of Support campaign.
“Your tokens will help to decide how the money is shared.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
As a reward for taking part in Token of Support, you can save £3 when you spend £20 on your next two shops at the store in Wisbech Road, Littleport, by using the special coupons printed in the May 22 edition of the Ely Standard.
• Central England Co-operative – formed following the merger of Anglia and Midlands Co-operatives – has pledged to donate a total of at least £12,600 to more than 50 worthy causes across eastern England through Token of Support campaigns at its foodstores.