Co-op launches fund-raising campaign for two Littleport causes - and to celebrate you can save on your next shop
- Credit: Archant
TWO worthy local causes are about to share in a £450 windfall – with your help.
The Ely Standard is helping to launch a six-week fundraising campaign in aid of Busy Bees pre-school at Littleport and the Littleport Players – and you can help to decide who gets the lion’s share of the money.
The campaign is being led by the Central England Co-operative foodstore at Wisbech Road, Littleport.
Every time you shop at the store until Sunday, June 29, you will be given a special green token. Place it in the collecting container for the cause you wish to support – and the one receiving the most tokens at the end of the campaign will pick up a cool £300. The other will be £150 richer.
Chris Wright, manager of the Littleport store, said: “The pre-school and the Players are important elements of our community.
You may also want to watch:
“Busy Bees have recently moved to a new base and need help with play equipment and the Players would use their donation to help stage The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and run workshops for all ages - that’s why we want to get behind them both with our Token of Support campaign.
“Your tokens will help to decide how the money is shared.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
As a reward for taking part in Token of Support, you can save £3 when you spend £20 on your next two shops at the store in Wisbech Road, Littleport, by using the special coupons printed in the May 22 edition of the Ely Standard.
• Central England Co-operative – formed following the merger of Anglia and Midlands Co-operatives – has pledged to donate a total of at least £12,600 to more than 50 worthy causes across eastern England through Token of Support campaigns at its foodstores.