Co-op boost for Ely Youth Initiative
THE Ely Youth Initiative has received �2,000 towards the running costs of its successful youth caf� from the Co-operative’s Community Fund.
The Community Fund is created by members of the Co-operative Group who elect to donate all, or part of their twice-yearly dividend payments directly to the scheme.
The funds are then shared with local community projects and groups, such as the Ely Youth Initiative, across the country.
Janet Parish, from the Ely Youth Initiative, said: “We are thrilled with this generous grant from the Co-operative. The funding will help us to continue our youth caf�, an initiative that runs every Friday evening for local young people.
“The service has proven valuable as it helps keep young people in the area off the streets and helps them to build new friendships and grow in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Sabina Crouch, Co-operative membership officer for the central and eastern region said: “Because our members own the business, they get a share in any of the profits we make. It’s a scheme we’re very proud of, not only because it gives us the chance to thank members for shopping with us, but because so many people choose to give something
Community Fund application forms are available online at www.co-operative.coop/communityfund or by phoning 0844 262 4001.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
Awards are allocated by local Co-operative members’ committees, based on a set of values and principles such as social responsibility and caring for others.