Co-op boost for Ely Youth Initiative
THE Ely Youth Initiative has received �2,000 towards the running costs of its successful youth caf� from the Co-operative’s Community Fund.
The Community Fund is created by members of the Co-operative Group who elect to donate all, or part of their twice-yearly dividend payments directly to the scheme.
The funds are then shared with local community projects and groups, such as the Ely Youth Initiative, across the country.
Janet Parish, from the Ely Youth Initiative, said: “We are thrilled with this generous grant from the Co-operative. The funding will help us to continue our youth caf�, an initiative that runs every Friday evening for local young people.
“The service has proven valuable as it helps keep young people in the area off the streets and helps them to build new friendships and grow in confidence.”
Sabina Crouch, Co-operative membership officer for the central and eastern region said: “Because our members own the business, they get a share in any of the profits we make. It’s a scheme we’re very proud of, not only because it gives us the chance to thank members for shopping with us, but because so many people choose to give something
Community Fund application forms are available online at www.co-operative.coop/communityfund or by phoning 0844 262 4001.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
Awards are allocated by local Co-operative members’ committees, based on a set of values and principles such as social responsibility and caring for others.