Club welcomes new member into its ranks
- Credit: Archant
Ely Rotary Club welcomed a new member this week.
Ken James, restaurateur, of the Boat House, in Waterside, was inducted into the club on Wednesday.
Ken has owned the Boat House for some 20 years now, and prior to that he worked in public health for seven years.
His hobbies include golf – he has been a member of Ely Golf Club for three years – and sailing for the last 15 years. He has lived in Ely for 30 years.
He is the latest in a long line of members of Ely Rotary Club, who enjoy weekly lunch meetings at Witchford, and have fun organizing regular events around the city, such as the recent Christmas collection – where Father Christmas meets children personally at or near their homes in his sleigh – and Aquafest on the first Sunday of each July, both events that have been running for nearly 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
Other more recent events have included presentation of the Big Band concert in February or March, cheese and wine productions, quizzes and race nights, any of which the residents of Ely and surrounding areas can attend and enjoy.
Visit elyrotary.co.uk for more information, the website detailing how people apply to join the club themselves. The club’s membership secretary is Eric Grant and he can be reached on 01638 780827, or Mike Copping on 01353 740236.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 5 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face