Club welcomes new member into its ranks
- Credit: Archant
Ely Rotary Club welcomed a new member this week.
Ken James, restaurateur, of the Boat House, in Waterside, was inducted into the club on Wednesday.
Ken has owned the Boat House for some 20 years now, and prior to that he worked in public health for seven years.
His hobbies include golf – he has been a member of Ely Golf Club for three years – and sailing for the last 15 years. He has lived in Ely for 30 years.
He is the latest in a long line of members of Ely Rotary Club, who enjoy weekly lunch meetings at Witchford, and have fun organizing regular events around the city, such as the recent Christmas collection – where Father Christmas meets children personally at or near their homes in his sleigh – and Aquafest on the first Sunday of each July, both events that have been running for nearly 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
Other more recent events have included presentation of the Big Band concert in February or March, cheese and wine productions, quizzes and race nights, any of which the residents of Ely and surrounding areas can attend and enjoy.
Visit elyrotary.co.uk for more information, the website detailing how people apply to join the club themselves. The club’s membership secretary is Eric Grant and he can be reached on 01638 780827, or Mike Copping on 01353 740236.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son