Club offers food for thought
ELY Women s Lunch Club will be launched on Tuesday and hopes to attract members with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for their work . The Lunch Club was the brainchild of business woman Jane Horwood, who set up the Cambridge branch as an informal
ELY Women's Lunch Club will be launched on Tuesday and hopes to attract members with "an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for their work".
The Lunch Club was the brainchild of business woman Jane Horwood, who set up the Cambridge branch as an informal and relaxed forum for self-employed women to meet.
Member Jill McCulloch, who attends the Cambridge lunches, approached Jane to jointly set up the club for Ely women.
She said: "Ely has grown so rapidly in the past few years and I felt we needed our own group.
"It can be very isolating being self-employed or running your own business. The lunches are a great way to take a break, meet some like minds and useful contacts or just make new friends."
Jill is a fully-qualified executive coach, working with people in transition in their life, business or career.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Jane is a web designer and has been running Catfish Web Design for six years.
The Ely Women's Lunch Club will be held from 12.30-2.30pm at The Boathouse Restaurant, Annesdale, Ely and will meet on the second Tuesday each month.
There is no membership fee, just £12 for the meal. Any employed or self-employed woman is welcome, including those thinking about setting up in business.
INFO: For more information call Jill McCulloch on 01353 649114.