Climate change of concern to Green Party candidates
SIX Green Party candidates will be fighting for votes when East Cambridgeshire goes to the polls. They are fighting the election on achieving zero waste, preparing for climate change and promoting better public spaces. They are pledging to: # set and meet
SIX Green Party candidates will be fighting for votes when East Cambridgeshire goes to the polls.
They are fighting the election on achieving zero waste, preparing for climate change and promoting better public spaces.
They are pledging to:
# set and meet annual targets for recycling, working in partnership with local businesses to reduce waste and oppose the construction of any new waste incinerator.
You may also want to watch:
# set targets for cutting emissions, plan land-use to minimise the threat of flooding and work with developers to incorporate renewable energy technologies into new buildings.
# promote imaginative investment in public spaces, ensuring they meet the needs of all sectors of the community.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
The party is expecting substantial gains nationally and a spokesman said: "People who support the Green Party know we cannot carry on as we are.
"East Cambridgeshire Green Party is all about local solutions that help us live in balance with the world around us. Supporting the Greens challenges the worn out approach of the three main parties and promotes an environmentally friendly alternative.