‘Clean living and enjoying things as they come’ - Kathleen, 101 today, celebrates birthday with family, friends, flowers and cake!
- Credit: Archant
Kathleen Coleman, a resident at Lily House, Ely, celebrated her 101st birthday today amongst her family, friends, flowers and a big birthday cake.
“As far as I have been told I was born in Soham,” says Kathleen, who seems to have a permanent smile across her face.
Having attended school in Soham, she grew up to become a nursery nurse and spent a lot of her time looking after her children and being with family.
“What happened after that only god knows,” she jokes, laughing after saying it.
Marrying at 27, Kathleen, who says she has “quite a family”, went on to have children, grandchildren and even great great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
The secret to a long life, she says, is “clean living and enjoying things as they come”.
Kathleen turned 101-years-old today (Friday 8 January).
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station