Clarence House day nursery has an attention grabbing moment as both the fire service and police turn up for their fun day
- Credit: Archant
Put uniforms, fire engines and police cars together and sprinkle the event with children and you’re guaranteed a fun filled occasion.
Clarence House day nursery in High Barns, Ely, used the tried and tested formula when they brought together Ely fire service and an officer from Ely police station to their fun day.
The nursery accepts children from three months to five years and run an after school club and holiday club for those aged up to 8. Staff were kept busy when the fire and police services dropped in as the children eagerly clamoured aboard the fire engine and hopped into a police car.
Children were entertained too with face painting, a bouncy castle and much more whilst parents and carers enjoyed burgers and coffee.
“It was truly an amazing day had by all,” said manager Aga Winiarczyk.
You may also want to watch:
Next event will be a Christmas fete – still being finalised – and the nursery is looking for possible stall holders who might want to come along and sell their wares.
Prospective stall holders can ring the nursery on 01353 667819 for details.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph