City will be dancing in the streets
JUBILEE Gardens in Ely has been chosen as one of the venues for a Saturday night prime-time BBC television programme, presented by Bruce Forsyth. Dancing in the Street is a major BBC entertainment show – the latest spin-off of the Strictly... series of da
JUBILEE Gardens in Ely has been chosen as one of the venues for a Saturday night prime-time BBC television programme, presented by Bruce Forsyth.
Dancing in the Street is a major BBC entertainment show - the latest spin-off of the Strictly... series of dance programmes - that will take record-breaking dance feats as its theme.
A Big Dance Class segment, hosted by BBC Local Radio, will be filmed at Jubilee Gardens and will give ordinary members of the public the opportunity to take part in a Guinness world record attempt on Saturday, July 22, when a compiled CD will be played as groups around the country attempt to set the world record for the biggest dance class.
The target is to get 80,000 people dancing at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Harding at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "It is fantastic news that Jubilee Gardens has been chosen as the host venue for the entire Cambridgeshire region.
"Once again, Ely has been chosen as a premier media location by film and television companies."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Ely mayor John Ison has been selected as a local dignitary to sign off the event, and will feature in a "wall of mayors" feature during the programme, that will show the dignitaries from each of the venues.