City of Ely Squadron sergeant selected to receive RAF leadership course
- Credit: Archant
A member of the 1094 City of Ely Squadron has been selected to attend an air cadet leadership course at RAF Cranwell, the home of officer selection and training.
Rory Donoghue will join air cadets from across Britain who made it through several selection processes.
The cadets will spend a week working together, focussing on teamwork and leadership with a formal passing out parade at the end of the week.
It comes after dozens of people turned out in Ely to mark 100 years of the Royal Air Force.
The Royal Air Forces Association Ely Branch welcomed Deputy Lord Lieutenant Col Colin Elsden, the High Sheriff, Dr A Harter, CBE and the Mayor and Mayoress.
You may also want to watch:
They were joined by Royal British Legion standardbearers, the air cadets, army cadets, the army cadets corps of drums and guides and brownies and guests from RAF Lakenheath.
Duxford has also announced its 2018 air show season dates which include a commemoration of the RAF Centenary.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment