City of Ely Squadron sergeant selected to receive RAF leadership course
- Credit: Archant
A member of the 1094 City of Ely Squadron has been selected to attend an air cadet leadership course at RAF Cranwell, the home of officer selection and training.
Rory Donoghue will join air cadets from across Britain who made it through several selection processes.
The cadets will spend a week working together, focussing on teamwork and leadership with a formal passing out parade at the end of the week.
It comes after dozens of people turned out in Ely to mark 100 years of the Royal Air Force.
The Royal Air Forces Association Ely Branch welcomed Deputy Lord Lieutenant Col Colin Elsden, the High Sheriff, Dr A Harter, CBE and the Mayor and Mayoress.
They were joined by Royal British Legion standardbearers, the air cadets, army cadets, the army cadets corps of drums and guides and brownies and guests from RAF Lakenheath.
Duxford has also announced its 2018 air show season dates which include a commemoration of the RAF Centenary.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told