City of Ely Flower Club raise £300 for local charity “EARTH” at Larkfields
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Flower Club donated £300 to local charity EARTH at their annual show.
After a floral competition was introduced there was a talk from representatives of “EARTH” who explained how the charity gives adults with learning and physical disabilities the chance to work in real horticulture situations.
An EARTH spokesman said: “It encourages independence and achievements through work experience and gardening therapy.”
Joyce Svensson, president of the City of Ely Flower Club presented a £300 cheque to Vicky Casapieri, EARTH chairman.
The donation was followed by a quiz and presentation of the trophies for the winners of the floral competition.
You may also want to watch:
Joyce said: “It was wonderful to see the hall full of such sensational displays. The standard of entries was again extremely high in the ‘novice’ and ‘advanced’ classes which made it very difficult for members and visitors to vote for their best arrangements.”
During the evening, Pam Turner, honorary member of the club, paid tribute to Grace Bent, who died in June and had been chairman for 15 years.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound