City of Ely Flower Club raise £180 for EARTH charity
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Flower Club raised £180 for charity thanks to a tombola at an open meeting.
More than 140 people attended the event on Thursday (10) which was led by national demonstrator Lorena Dyer.
The money will boost funds for Ely Agriculture Resources Training in Horticulture (EARTH), which is based at Larkfields, Ely.
Margaret Dooling, of the club, said: “Lorena wowed the audience with her displays entitled ‘A Christmas Wish’.
“The flowers were superb: orchids, chrysanthemum blooms, roses, carnations, lillies etc, they were all amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“She also thoroughly entertained the audience with her funny tales.
“The hall looked stunning with white tablecloths and wreath table arrangements with crystal goblet inserts arranged by members.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 10 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
“A big thank you goes to all members for providing the buffet, refreshments, table arrangements and also the Committee for their hard work.”
The next meeting takes place on Thursday December 1 at Needham’s Hall, Ely College. Local demonstrator Susan Lee will lead the event, which is titled ‘A Year of My Life in Flowers’. Starts 7.15pm. Admission costs £5 for visitors and £2 for members.