City of Ely Flower Club raise £180 for EARTH charity
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Flower Club raised £180 for charity thanks to a tombola at an open meeting.
More than 140 people attended the event on Thursday (10) which was led by national demonstrator Lorena Dyer.
The money will boost funds for Ely Agriculture Resources Training in Horticulture (EARTH), which is based at Larkfields, Ely.
Margaret Dooling, of the club, said: “Lorena wowed the audience with her displays entitled ‘A Christmas Wish’.
“The flowers were superb: orchids, chrysanthemum blooms, roses, carnations, lillies etc, they were all amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“She also thoroughly entertained the audience with her funny tales.
“The hall looked stunning with white tablecloths and wreath table arrangements with crystal goblet inserts arranged by members.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“A big thank you goes to all members for providing the buffet, refreshments, table arrangements and also the Committee for their hard work.”
The next meeting takes place on Thursday December 1 at Needham’s Hall, Ely College. Local demonstrator Susan Lee will lead the event, which is titled ‘A Year of My Life in Flowers’. Starts 7.15pm. Admission costs £5 for visitors and £2 for members.