City of Ely Military Band bring festive cheer to dozens in the city
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Military Band braved the cold weather to bring Christmas cheer to dozens last weekend.
On Saturday they played on Ely Market Place as children joined in and danced to Jingle Bells.
On Sunday they travelled to Cambridge to the Arthur Rank Hospice for their annual Light up a Life service.
This is a service in the grounds, and halfway through, the Bishop of Ely turns on the lights in the trees in the garden to commemorate those who have passed away at the hospice.
The busy seasonal programme continues with four more appearances on Ely Market Place on December 8, 15 21 and 22, finishing with their Christmas concert at the college.
You may also want to watch:
Details are as follows:
City of Ely Military Band Christmas Concert
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
Sunday December 16
City of Ely Community College
Admission is £7.50 including refreshments.
Tickets available from Burrows Book Shop, High Street Passage, Ely, by calling 01353 663324 or contacting any band member.