City of Ely Military Band bring festive cheer to dozens in the city
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Military Band braved the cold weather to bring Christmas cheer to dozens last weekend.
On Saturday they played on Ely Market Place as children joined in and danced to Jingle Bells.
On Sunday they travelled to Cambridge to the Arthur Rank Hospice for their annual Light up a Life service.
This is a service in the grounds, and halfway through, the Bishop of Ely turns on the lights in the trees in the garden to commemorate those who have passed away at the hospice.
The busy seasonal programme continues with four more appearances on Ely Market Place on December 8, 15 21 and 22, finishing with their Christmas concert at the college.
Details are as follows:
City of Ely Military Band Christmas Concert
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Sunday December 16
City of Ely Community College
Admission is £7.50 including refreshments.
Tickets available from Burrows Book Shop, High Street Passage, Ely, by calling 01353 663324 or contacting any band member.