City Cycle Centre in Ely supporting Movember campaign
STAFF at City Cycle Centre in Ely will be sporting their finest moustaches this month as part of the nationwide Movember campaign.
Starting last Thursday, eight staff have volunteered to look vaguely ridiculous for a month in order to raise money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer charities.
They are 480th out of about 5,000 teams taking part in the national event.
Andrew Olley, toy department manager, said: “We obviously look pretty daft without moustaches because we have raised some money without growing a whisker.
“But we hope we can improve on this once people see how much sillier we look during November.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as donating in store, people can donate online at the Movember website by looking up City Cycle Centre at uk.movember.com/team/418305 or in store from the first of November.
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 9 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list