City Cycle Centre in Ely supporting Movember campaign
STAFF at City Cycle Centre in Ely will be sporting their finest moustaches this month as part of the nationwide Movember campaign.
Starting last Thursday, eight staff have volunteered to look vaguely ridiculous for a month in order to raise money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer charities.
They are 480th out of about 5,000 teams taking part in the national event.
Andrew Olley, toy department manager, said: “We obviously look pretty daft without moustaches because we have raised some money without growing a whisker.
“But we hope we can improve on this once people see how much sillier we look during November.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as donating in store, people can donate online at the Movember website by looking up City Cycle Centre at uk.movember.com/team/418305 or in store from the first of November.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations