City Cycle Centre in Ely supporting Movember campaign
STAFF at City Cycle Centre in Ely will be sporting their finest moustaches this month as part of the nationwide Movember campaign.
Starting last Thursday, eight staff have volunteered to look vaguely ridiculous for a month in order to raise money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer charities.
They are 480th out of about 5,000 teams taking part in the national event.
Andrew Olley, toy department manager, said: “We obviously look pretty daft without moustaches because we have raised some money without growing a whisker.
“But we hope we can improve on this once people see how much sillier we look during November.”
As well as donating in store, people can donate online at the Movember website by looking up City Cycle Centre at uk.movember.com/team/418305 or in store from the first of November.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 9 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police