City Cycle Centre in Ely supporting Movember campaign
STAFF at City Cycle Centre in Ely will be sporting their finest moustaches this month as part of the nationwide Movember campaign.
Starting last Thursday, eight staff have volunteered to look vaguely ridiculous for a month in order to raise money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer charities.
They are 480th out of about 5,000 teams taking part in the national event.
Andrew Olley, toy department manager, said: “We obviously look pretty daft without moustaches because we have raised some money without growing a whisker.
“But we hope we can improve on this once people see how much sillier we look during November.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as donating in store, people can donate online at the Movember website by looking up City Cycle Centre at uk.movember.com/team/418305 or in store from the first of November.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up