City-centre restaurant Wildwood re-opens after firefighters tackle roof blaze
- Credit: Archant
A restaurant in the centre of Ely has re-opened after a fire broke out in its roof.
Firefighters from Ely, Littleport and Soham tackled the blaze in Wildwood, on High Street, at around 11.40pm last Wednesday (24).
The fire, which is believed to have been accidental, broke out in the restaurant’s extraction system, located in a void area in the roof.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire and thermal imaging cameras were used to check for hotspots.
“The cause of the fire was accidental, by equipment.”
You may also want to watch:
A sign on the restaurant’s door the following day said it would remain closed until further notice, but it was re-opened on Friday (August 26).
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut