Do you have spare time to walk Ella the collie in Littleport? If so, The Cinnamon Trust needs you
- Credit: Archant
Do you live in Littleport and have some spare time to walk Ella the collie while helping a volunteer-run charity?
The Cinnamon Trust, which offers pet care to the elderly and those suffering a terminal illness, needs a dog walker for a Littleport resident and their eight-year-old collie Ella.
Sally Collins, appeal administrator, said: “What happens if illness, injury or getting older affects our ability to look after our four legged companions?
“A large number of elderly or ill pet owners become very worried about their ability to care for their pets, feeling that their only option is to rehome them.
“This is where our national network of dedicated volunteers step in to offer support enabling them to stay together.
“We’ll walk the dog for a housebound owner, foster pets when owners need hospital care, fetch the cat food, or even clean out the bird cage or litter trays.
“All volunteers help in the ways that are most appropriate to them. Teams take it in turn to visit housebound owners.”
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 7 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
To register call Sally or Tressa direct on 01736 758707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com