Do you have spare time to walk Ella the collie in Littleport? If so, The Cinnamon Trust needs you
- Credit: Archant
Do you live in Littleport and have some spare time to walk Ella the collie while helping a volunteer-run charity?
The Cinnamon Trust, which offers pet care to the elderly and those suffering a terminal illness, needs a dog walker for a Littleport resident and their eight-year-old collie Ella.
Sally Collins, appeal administrator, said: “What happens if illness, injury or getting older affects our ability to look after our four legged companions?
“A large number of elderly or ill pet owners become very worried about their ability to care for their pets, feeling that their only option is to rehome them.
“This is where our national network of dedicated volunteers step in to offer support enabling them to stay together.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll walk the dog for a housebound owner, foster pets when owners need hospital care, fetch the cat food, or even clean out the bird cage or litter trays.
“All volunteers help in the ways that are most appropriate to them. Teams take it in turn to visit housebound owners.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
To register call Sally or Tressa direct on 01736 758707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com