Cinema Re-Launch To Bring Oscar Glamour To Ely
ELY Cinema s much anticipated re-launch is set to bring a touch of red-carpet glamour to East Cambridgeshire this April. A month of exciting films kicks off on April 5 with the delightfully glitzy screening of the multi-Oscar winning Slumdog Millionaire,
ELY Cinema's much anticipated re-launch is set to bring a touch of red-carpet glamour to East Cambridgeshire this April.
A month of exciting films kicks off on April 5 with the delightfully glitzy screening of the multi-Oscar winning Slumdog Millionaire, the definitive rags to riches tale of a young Indian orphan who hits the big-time on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Finding himself just one question away from winning 20 million rupees on India's Who Wants to be a Millionaire, protagonist Jamal Malik is hauled away by police convinced that a lowly orphan could not know so much.
Desperate to clear his name, Jamal recounts the story of his life which transports the audience on a spellbinding adventure through the trials and tribulations of Malik's formative years spent adventuring with his brother.
You may also want to watch:
Directed by Danny Boyle, who is known to most as the visionary director behind the cult classic film Trainspotting, the film scooped eight Oscars at the recent academy awards and has received worldwide acclaim.
Tickets for the screening, which includes a sparkling red carpet reception, cost �15 and are available from the ADeC Box Office Tel: 01353 616991 and in person from Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely, tickets are also be available online from www.adec.org.uk
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
Other films which ably assist Slumdog Millionaire in making for a truly stellar line-up at the cinema include all the Oscar Nominated Best Pictures, The Reader (15), Frost/Nixon (15), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button(12A), and Milk (15). Easter treats for the family include including Hotel for Dogs (U) and the new Disney tale Bolt (PG) will also be showing as will Jean-Marc Vallee's much vaunted new film The Young Victoria (12A).
Tickets for all these films are priced at �4-�5 and are available from the ADeC Box Office at the Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely Telephone: 01353 616991 and from Burrows Bookshop, High Street Passage, Ely. Tickets will also be available online www.adec.org.uk
Multi-Oscar winning film Slumdog Millioaire, comes to Ely cinema this April. Photo: SUPPLIED